Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sean Bell

That those men were simply aquitted in this case is very disturbing and upsetting to me.

This has me almost to the point of tears. That one officer, ONE, could fire 31 bullets into one unarmed man and be aquitted with NO charges of wrongdoing is beyond my comprehension.
That the lawyers for the officers would stoop so low as to portray the surviving victims as dishonest shouldn't surprise me, that's the name of the game, right? It all just makes me sick.

Even if it all went down exactly as the officers say, still having one officer fire 31 bullets makes me think that he shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun, he should undergo some major evaluation, and for others' safety he should be taken off of the streets as an officer of the law. I do not think that is an unreasonable course of action. I don't think that officer can be trusted to act in the best interest of those he has sworn to protect.

But no. Nothing like that.

My heart goes out to the Bell family and the other victims of the shooting. I cannot imagine how painful that verdict must have been to hear.

No comments: