Sunday, March 23, 2008

Yesterday I made it out to Bayou City Farmer's Market, and I am so happy with my purchases!

Strawberries, of course, cause if they're in season and available I will be all over that.
Eggs, including Araucana eggs in a delightful shade of green.
Fresh goat cheese, that is magical.
A lavender bath bomb, mmmm....
Lavender lip balm
Olive Bread
A Knife!!!!!


The more into The Omnivore's Dilemma I get, the more concerned I become about where my food is coming from. Wow. The evolution of CAFO's based on governmental decisions regarding the surplus of corn is fascinating, and revolting.
I love Michael Pollan's way of approaching the subject, without any type of sensationalism. Instead he approaches it with a factual and well researched representation of the realities of the food we eat based on history and policies that have created this bizarre chain of events leading to industrialized food.
I am not even half way through, but I would already highly recommend this book. I'll let you know if I change my mind at any point.

No comments: